Caffeinated Randomness - April 14, 2018



It has been a while since I have written.  No I did not stop writing because of Lent, though it all happened at the same time.  No I did not stop writing because I was giving up blogging, although I have in the past.  As I alluded to in my past writings I was dealing with some major issues as Chair of Council and it was all consuming.  I was in pain and just sheer exhaustion so much over the last few months.  I was overtired and emotional, that I couldn't sleep (I wish I could add eat but it seemed I did more of that).  I normally read when I feel this way but I just couldn't seem to get any enjoyment out of that simple enjoyable act.  When I'm not reading I talk to friends and family but during this period I was on the phone so much dealing with church politics that I actually cringed when my phone rang.  At one point I actually had to tell my Evil Twin that I needed to choose a ringtone just for her so that I knew when she called and not hesitate to answer.

During this season it seemed that not a lot has brought me any joy.  I know Ann Voskamp, if she were here would have told me to list out all the things I am thankful for or give.  But frankly as much as I love Ann Voskamp, I just couldn't do it.  I wondered what Jen Hatmaker would do?  Probably dig in and marathon Netflix.  But even the idea of that didn't bring me much joy.

There have been a few things that brought a smile to my heart.  Simple comedy on YouTube.  Have you seen some of these videos.  They are hilarious.  I thought today I would share my top 3 YouTube channels that make me laugh and in no particular order.

1.  HISHE or How It Should Of Ended.  They animate our favourite mega blockbusters and give us alternate endings that make me laugh everytime.  The one my daughter and I still quote is from Jurrasic Word.



You need to check these guys out.  The coffee shop endings with Superman & Batman always make me smile because.....I'm Batman.

2.  I have to admit that I am a Bravo TV junkie.  In Canada we don't get to watch Watch What Happens Live.  I wish we did, so I end up having to watch recaps but then you usually just get the funny situations and Plead the Fifth/Spill the Tea anyway, so maybe I am not missing much.



3.  I also love watching the web series the Lizzie Bennet Dairies.  This is adaption written as if Lizzie Bennet lived in Southern California and was working on her Mass Communications graduate degree and Lydia was a teen who was looking for fame anyway possible.  If you are an Austen fan, you will enjoy this adaptation of the beloved Pride and Prejudice (really, is there ever too much Austen inspired anything??).


Comments

Popular Posts