#TBT - The Knapsacks

I originally started blogging in 2009.  I can't even believe that I as type it.  Some were silly, some were really serious.  I thought I would use Thursdays to bring back some of my favourite posts and share them with you.  I may also throw in some pictures or funny old stories here and there.  It is good to look back and see where we have come from and how far we have journeyed.

This year we are in a year of transition.  Middleman is off to juniour high.  Coco is prepping to go to high school.  Sam is the only one not doing some kind of transition.  We are excited and scared and overwhelmed.  Coco is making decisions that will affect her future education amd she is only 14.  Middleman is growing up and becoming more independent.  Where did the time go..... 
There was another time of transition I posted about years ago.  It is a good reminder of who is actually in control and who I need to lean into.

Last Friday, Tom started preschool. He was so excited. He didn't want to put on his indoor runners at first. He wanted to run right to the play area. I had made arrangements for Sam to stay at a friends in case I had to stay. Thomas didn't even see me leave. I have to admit that I was a little depressed not to be needed. When I picked him up, he was excited and the teacher said that he was enjoyed himself.

That afternoon, once Nic got home, I was looking at two knapsacks. I was immediately struck that Nic and Tom are growing up and I can't be with them 24/7. It's not something any mother looks forward. Right now I have to give them up to God like Hannah gave up Samuel to God. I have to trust God to protect them and be with them when they are not with me. I have to trust that He has placed people in their lives who will teach them and guide them, in the way that He wants them to go. I can't and won't always be with them physically, but He will!

Comments

Popular Posts