I Don't Know

I don't know...

That is the answer that comes out of my mouth daily.

Why did you get me that Skylander?  I already had that one.
I don't know.

What are the current financials for the budgetary year?
I don't know.

What do you do when your loved one is so racked by depression that it seems hopeless?
I don't know.

I wish I had all the answers.  I wish I was able to solve world peace.  I wish I were able to overhaul our mental health system.  The problem is I can't.  

I do know that I bought those Skylanders at Dollarama for $4.00 thinking it was a great deal.

I do know that our congregational approved budget is really only $40,000 more than 2017 and that our ministerial spending is down and donations keep tracking as they have for the past 3 years.

I know that even though it seems hopeless there is hope if you look for it.  That getting up may seem like a battle but it's a battle that can be won.  That sometimes we need to focus on the little victories in life to get us through the long stretches of hopelessness.  To be thankful for little boys playing "Joy to the World", to girly wanting to watch shows with her parents, to cuddles with our middleman.  These are the things that make the battles worth fighting for.

Comments

Popular Posts